Use your oven's broiler instead of the outdoor grill to make these mini cheeseburgers. This recipe uses lean ground beef chuck to make the burgers lower in calories and fat. Serve them at your next game-day party.
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (95 percent lean)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices cheddar (2 ounces)
- 8 whole-wheat dinner rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 16 dill pickle chips
- 3 tablespoons mustard
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Divide beef into 8 balls. Press each lightly to form 1/2-inch-thick patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Broil patties about 5 minutes for medium. Remove from oven and top each with a cheese slice. Broil until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard.