Green Cabbage and Yogurt Slaw
This recipe lightens up average coleslaw by replacing the mayonnaise with low-fat Greek yogurt. Spooning the slaw into paper cups makes it easy to serve guests at picnics and game day parties.
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded (9 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, bell peppers, and scallions. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, mustard, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat completely. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours). Toss slaw before serving.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2011