Herbed Garlic Bread
Different fresh or dried herbs can be used to suit your taste or the time of year.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1995
- 1/2 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf (12 inches long) Italian-style white bread
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together parsley, thyme, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl.
Using a bread knife, slice loaf into 12 half-inch pieces, cutting only 3/4 of the way through the loaf so it stays intact. Brush herb mixture liberally between each slice. Wrap loaf loosely in foil. Heat until warm, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.