Herbed Garlic Bread
Different fresh or dried herbs can be used to suit your taste or the time of year.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf (12 inches long) Italian-style white bread
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together parsley, thyme, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl.
Using a bread knife, slice loaf into 12 half-inch pieces, cutting only 3/4 of the way through the loaf so it stays intact. Brush herb mixture liberally between each slice. Wrap loaf loosely in foil. Heat until warm, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 1995