Chilled Oysters with Apple-Ginger Mignonette
Fresh ginger provides a kick while crunchy apple adds sweetness to this mignonette served atop fresh oysters.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2010
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (preferably unfiltered, such as Bragg Organic)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup very finely chopped sweet apple, such as Crispin, Fuji, or Golden Delicious
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
Stir together cider vinegar, shallot, and ginger. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in apple. Top each oyster with 1/2 teaspoon mignonette just before serving.