Serve for a simple and satisfying family meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1 pound pasta
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes (about 2 pounds) cored and torn into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely torn basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely torn oregano leaves
- 4 medium cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, torn into 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, oregano, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature up to 8 hours.
Drain spaghetti in a colander and add to tomato mixture. Add mozzarella and toss to combine. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.