- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs or Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Cucumber sticks
Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, and turn to coat.
Remove chicken from egg mixture, and dredge in bread crumbs. Working in batches, carefully place dredged chicken into heated oil, and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Serve with dipping sauce and vegetable sticks on the side.