Herbed Spaghetti with Butter
This is a quick meal that takes advantage of the benefits of whole-wheat pasta's fiber.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2006
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thin whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, and chives
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
Stir in butter, lemon zest, juice, and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed. Serve.