Pasta with Herbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound capellini pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped curly-leaf parsley, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add salt. Add capellini, and cook until al dente, following manufacturer's directions.
In a medium skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the chopped parsley, chives, thyme, and sage. Season with salt and pepper. Using a pasta fork, transfer pasta to the bowl with the herbs. Add the garlic-and-oil mixture, and toss to combine. Serve garnished with cheese and curly parsley leaves.