Maple-Almond-Banana Trail Mix
Trail mix is a tasty, high-energy snack; pack a few handfuls per person for the next picnic or walk in the woods.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, preferably Grade B
- 2 cups raw unsalted almonds (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup cup dried bananas (about 4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup cup dried cranberries (about 3 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter, maple syrup, almonds, wheat germ, oats, and salt in a large bowl. Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake, stirring once and rotating sheet after 20 minutes, until just golden, 35 to 40 minutes total. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in bananas and cranberries.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2007