- 2 pounds (about 65 small) mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry, light white wine, such as Muscadet or Pinot Grigio
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Put mussels, butter, wine, shallots, salt, and thyme in a medium pot. Cover, and cook over high heat, shaking pot occasionally, until mussels open, about 4 minutes. (Discard any unopened shells.) Sprinkle with parsley; gently toss. Divide mussels and broth among 4 deep bowls.