Apple and Prosciutto Salad with Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, and thyme
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into thin ribbons
- 1 head frisee (about 4 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 endive, halved and slice into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 sweet, crisp apple (such as Honeycrisp, Red Delicious, or Macoun), very thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, and mustard until combined. While whisking, add oil in a slow, steady stream until well combined. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Place herbs in a shallow dish. Season cheese with salt and pepper. Crumble cheese into the herbs and toss to coat with herbs. Chill until ready to serve salad.
Toss the prosciutto strips, frisee, and endive together with dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the greens evenly among 4 plates and top each with apple slices. Sprinkle equal amounts herbed cheese onto the center of each salad; serve immediately.