Trout with Escarole, Orange, and Olives
In a skillet you can prepare a main dish and side dish for one. Seared trout pairs with sauteed escarole, orange juice and zest, and green olives for a quick solo dinner.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 skin-on trout fillet (4 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups escarole, torn into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest, plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Pat fish dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Add fillet to skillet, flesh side down, and cook until fish is golden brown and releases easily from skillet, about 5 minutes. Gently flip and cook until opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add escarole, orange zest, and olives to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until escarole wilts, about 2 minutes. Add orange juice and toss to coat. Serve alongside trout.