Green and White Salad
The "green" and "white" in this simple salad are the respective colors of endive, frisee, celery, tarragon and chives -- a mustard vinaigrette pulls it all together.
- Servings: 4
Photography: RICHARD GERHARD JUNG
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2002
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 endive, trimmed and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 6 ounces frisee, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk celery, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
In a small bowl, whisk together the white-wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. While whisking, very slowly pour in olive oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the endive, frisee, celery, tarragon, and chives. Drizzle the dressing over the salad; toss to combine.