Give a little Valentine's Day sparkle to any room with decorative glittered heart figurines made from clay.
Tools and Materials
- Rolling pin
- DECO soft clay
- Parchment paper
- 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Craft glue
- 18- to 22-gauge white wrapped floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Photograph of loved one
- Photo or matte white paper
- Round craft punch
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Heart craft punch
- Decorative paper
- Embellishments and stickers
Valentine Heart People How-To
1. Using a rolling pin, roll out clay to 3/8 inch thick between two pieces of parchment paper. Cut 2-inch heart shapes from clay with a cookie cutter.
2. Form a 1- to 1 1/2-inch round mound of clay, flat at the bottom, to make the base. Let clay shapes dry overnight.
3. Paint the base with glue and sprinkle with glitter.
4. Cut wrapped floral wire into three 3 1/2-inch pieces. Stick two pieces of floral wire into heart to form legs. Stick floral wire through middle of heart to form arms.
5. Cut a shorter piece of floral wire and push into top of heart to form the neck.
6. Print picture; punch out face with round punch. Use hot glue to attach face to floral wire "neck." Affix a heart punched from glittered or decorative paper to back of face with more hot glue.
7. Insert legs into glittered base. Adorn arms and embellish base with various items, attaching with hot glue. Use more hot glue to attach the base to a 2-inch decorative paper round.
DECO soft clay from Deco Clay Craft (More Info | Buy). Round craft punch, heart craft punch, and embellishments and stickersfrom Martha Stewart Crafts.