Brown Rice and Edamame
This healthy rice salad has a substantial helping of edamame beans.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups lightly salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce to a simmer; cover and cook, 30 minutes.
Stir in edamame; cover and cook until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, vinegar, oil, and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
With a fork, stir lime juice mixture and scallions into rice; season with salt and pepper.