Chopped scallions are sprinkled on a potato salad made with Yukon golds.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2005
- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 celery stalks, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
Put potatoes in a large pot of salted
water; bring to a boil. Cook until just tender,
20 to 25 minutes. Drain; let cool.
Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice,
mustard, and dill; season with salt and
pepper. Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch
chunks. Fold into mayonnaise mixture.
Fold in celery, onion, scallions, and eggs
(reserving some scallions for garnish).
Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.