Emeril's Apple and Cranberry Crisp
This quick and easy crisp comes together in no time. A spoonful of whipped cream or ice cream on top wouldn't hurt.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, October 2009
- Unsalted butter, for baking dish
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds sweet, firm apples, such as Gala or Braeburn, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Crisp Topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, vanilla, and orange zest and juice. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with topping.
Bake until topping is browned and juices are thick and bubbling around edges, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.