- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, tails on, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
For the Seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch of crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until soft but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp, parsley, oregano, and red-pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, about 2 minutes.
Raise heat to medium-high, and add wine. Continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, January 2003