Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1999
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Pinch of salt
Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar, beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add orange zest, grated ginger, and salt. Beat an additional 5 minutes.