Sweet Revenge ''Pure'' Buttercream
This recipe for delicious buttercream is courtesy of Marlo Scott of Sweet Revenge and should be paired with Sweet Revenge's "Pure" Cupcakes.
- Yield: Makes enough for 24 cupcakes
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 10 cups (from about two and a half 1-pound boxes) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Mexican vanilla
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and shortening. Add sugar, and beat to combine. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until well combined.