Whitefish and Baked-Salmon Salad
This whitefish and baked-salmon salad recipe from Josh Russ Tupper of Russ and Daughters is used to make his Super Heebster sandwich.
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked whitefish meat, bones removed (from a 2-pound smoked whitefish)
- 1/2 pound wild white king kippered (hot smoked) salmon, skin and bones removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Place whitefish and salmon in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until chunky. Transfer to a medium-size bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.