Under 30 Minutes
Steak Salad with Goat Cheese
Feta and gorgonzola are two other cheeses you could try with this salad. Their flavors stand up to the steak, and, like goat cheese, they have the right texture for crumbling.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut crosswise into 2 equal pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 medium heads red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
In a small bowl, whisk together mustards, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place steaks on sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes; drain. Run beans under cold water; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine dressing, steak, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.