Pinto Bean and Spinach Salad
This protein-packed vegetarian dish will make a hearty lunch -- just add some crusty bread on the side.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 8 ounces flat-leaf spinach (4 cups), trimmed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Stir in beans.
In a medium pot, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil. Add spinach; cover, and cook until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain spinach, and transfer to bowl with beans. Add parsley, capers, scallions, and lemon zest; toss to combine.