- 3 tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and halved
- 1/2 white onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
Heat a stovetop grill over medium-high heat. Grill tomatillos, onion, garlic, and jalapeno, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 10 minutes.
Place grilled vegetables in the bowl of a food processor, and add cilantro, juice, salt, and pepper; pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl, and fold in avocado.