Making this classic Chinese soup is a lot of fun and easier than you might think -- it's the perfect snow-day activity.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2006
- 24 rectangular (3 1/2-by-3-inch) or square wonton wrappers
- 1 recipe Wonton Filling
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Coarse salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Make soup: In a large pot, combine broth, 4 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Add wontons one at a time; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until wontons are just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in scallions, vinegar, and sesame oil; season with salt. Serve.