Pork Kebabs with Orange and Thyme
We like to use pork in these kebabs, but lamb or chicken would also benefit from this marinade. If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for thirty minutes before grilling.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated zest, and orange wedges for garnish
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
Whisk together orange juice and zest, garlic, thyme, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Add pork; toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let pork marinate 20 minutes at room temperature
Heat a grill or grill pan until medium-hot. Thread 5 or 6 cubes of pork onto each of 4 skewers; season with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Grill pork, turning occasionally, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 12 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, and serve with orange wedges.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2004