Pork Kebabs with Orange and Thyme
We like to use pork in these kebabs, but lamb or chicken would also benefit from this marinade.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated zest, and orange wedges for garnish
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
Whisk together orange juice and zest, garlic, thyme, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Add pork; toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let pork marinate 20 minutes at room temperature
Heat a grill or grill pan until medium-hot. Thread 5 or 6 cubes of pork onto each of 4 skewers; season with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Grill pork, turning occasionally, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 12 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, and serve with orange wedges.