Three Fruit Crisp
Try this warm crisp topped with a scoop of caramel ice cream.
- 2 cups cranberries (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound sweet pears (about 2 large), peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 pound tart apples (about 2 large apples), such as Gravenstein or Idared, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pacled dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the fruit in a large bowl. Add spices and sugar, and mix together with a wooden spoon. Place in a large buttered baking dish, such as a 14-inch oval casserole or 11-by-7-inch pan.
Combine flour, brown sugar, and oatmeal in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until evenly distributed. Stir in pecans. Spoon over fruit to cover.
Bake until juices bubble and topping is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June/July 1994