Christmas Caviar Sauce
Serve this caviar sauce from chef Emeril Lagasse's "Emeril's Creole Christmas" cookbook with his fantastic Corn Cakes.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons wasabi-injected roe (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caviar
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe
In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, lemon juice, shallots, chives, parsley, salt, and both peppers. Gently fold in wasabi-injected roe, if using, caviar, and salmon roe. Can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 day.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, December 2009