Under 30 Minutes
White Bean and Tuna Salad
For an appetizer, try serving the bean and tuna mixture on garlic-rubbed toasts.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) solid white tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a medium saucepan, combine beans, 2 tablespoons oil, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high, stirring, until beans are warm, about 4 minutes; remove pan from heat. In a large bowl, combine spinach, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 teaspoon vinegar; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Divide spinach among four plates. Transfer beans to bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon vinegar, tuna, olives, onion, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Top spinach with bean and tuna mixture and serve with bread.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2010