Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
Chicken provides a great source of protein, while the tapenade adds healthy fats. Artichoke hearts and tomato bring fiber to the table. The whole-wheat wrap offers a better carb choice than a white wrap. Night before: Cook the chicken. The next morning, combine all the ingredients in this sandwich and wrap tightly in wax paper or a cloth napkin for easy transport.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Body+Soul, 2008
- 1 chicken cutlet (3 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 whole-wheat wrap, 10 inches
- 1 tablespoon olive tapenade
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, squeezed dry and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mixed baby greens
Heat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and broil until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes; let cool.
Spread bottom of wrap with the olive tapenade. Layer with chicken, artichoke hearts, tomato, and baby greens; season with salt and pepper. Fold tortilla to seal.