Spinach Omelet with Feta Cheese and Hot Cherry Tomato Sauce
This omelet looks elaborate, but it's not difficult to make. The spinach, omelet, and sauce are all cooked in the same skillet.
- 1 tablespoon Clarified Butter
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup whole baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, optional
Heat clarified butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Whisk eggs together until very well mixed. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Wilt spinach in skillet, about 30 seconds. Pour in eggs; cook, whisking constantly and shaking pan vigorously, until they begin to set but are still quite loose. Stop whisking; cook until almost completely set, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
Sprinkle left half of omelet with feta. Using a rubber spatula, fold right half over cheese, forming half-moon shape. Fold top half over bottom half; slide omelet onto a plate.
Quickly return skillet to heat. Add oil, garlic, and oregano; saute until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine or 1/2 cup water, raise heat to medium high, and simmer until tomatoes burst and liquid is somewhat reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Ladle sauce over omelet, and serve immediately.