Brussels Sprouts with Warm Lemon Vinaigrette
This recipe for brussels sprouts with warm lemon vinaigrette comes courtesy of TV producer Lauren.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television, November 2001
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 20 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, outside leaves removed and quartered (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 small shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about a half lemon)
- Zest of half a lemon
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet pan over high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until dark golden brown in places, about 4 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and shallots, and cook for 30 seconds more. Add water, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove lid.
Add lemon juice, and drizzle with oil. Stir to combine well. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with lemon zest.