Steamed Green Cabbage with Halibut Fillet
Gently steamed with butter, green cabbage turns into a tender bed of leaves for a halibut fillet, which is cooked directly on top. Preparing everything together in a single pan makes the halibut aromatic and moist. .
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), quartered, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces (8 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each), skinned
- Garnish: dill sprigs
Heat water and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Add cabbage, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and steam, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in dill.
Season halibut on both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange fish on top of cabbage in a single layer. Cover, and steam until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Season with pepper. Garnish with dill.