Green Beans with Parsley and Garlic
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2005
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
In same pot, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-low. Add garlic; cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Return beans to pot. Add lemon zest and juice, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.