Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apple
Sides like this may be prepared ahead of time.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2005
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 pints Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, 10 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, and toss in apple. Return to oven; roast until Brussels sprouts are browned and tender and apple has softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Toss vegetables with vinegar, and serve immediately.