Steamed Cod with Ginger
Fish is a great source of lean protein for people watching their weight or following a diabetic diet.
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt
- 4 skinless cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Cooked rice, for serving (optional)
In a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, stir together scallion whites, ginger, vinegar, oil, red-pepper flakes, and sugar. Season with salt. Marinate cod in dish 20 minutes, turning once.
Cover and microwave on high, 5 minutes. Let stand, covered, until fish is opaque throughout, 5 minutes. Top with scallion greens. Serve fish with rice if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2009