To garnish this creamy side dish, saute a few sliced cauliflower florets in a bit of butter until tender and lightly golden.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: EARL CARTER
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- 1 head (1 3/4 pounds) cauliflower, stem and tough stalks trimmed, florets roughly chopped
- 1 cup water or chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine cauliflower and water or chicken stock in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking liquid, 15 to 20 seconds. Add sour cream and butter, and process 5 to 10 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.