Pearl Oyster Bar Tartar Sauce
Note: These recipes have been adapted from "Lobster Rolls and Blueberry Pie" by Rebecca Charles of Pearl Oyster Bar and Deborah DiClementi. Text copyright 2003 by Rebecca Charles. Reprinted by permission of Regan Books.
- Yield: Makes about 4 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped capers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cornichons, plus 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 3 cups Hellman's prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir well, and refrigerate until ready to use. May be prepared 1 day in advance.