Hard-Cooked Eggs with Herb Mayonnaise
Look for a variety of young radishes at your grocery store or farmers' market; they come in different colors, shapes, and sizes.
- Servings: 4
Photography: ANN STRATTON
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely snipped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon finely snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped scallion, white part only
- 12 assorted radishes
- 4 slices black bread, cut in half
- Coarse salt
Place eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let eggs stand in the water for 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool for 10 minutes. Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise; arrange in a serving dish.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dill, tarragon, chives, and scallions. Place 1/2 teaspoon herb mayonnaise on each egg half; serve with radishes, black bread, and coarse salt.