Lobster and Soba Noodle Salad
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2003
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces steamed lobster meat, sliced into medallions (2 spiny lobster tails)
- 4 ounces cucumber, seeded and julienned (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 3 scallions, julienned (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Sesame Soy Dressing
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, picked
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, picked
Place the sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, and toast until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
Prepare an ice water bath; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles, and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain, and transfer to ice bath. Drain again, and place in a medium bowl. Drizzle with oil, tossing to lightly coat.
Add lobster, cucumber, red pepper, scallions, dressing, sesame seeds, and herbs. Toss gently to combine.