Radicchio with Spring Peas
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2008
- 1/2 head radicchio, very thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled fresh peas (from about 1 1/2 pounds peas in pods) or thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place radicchio in a serving bowl.
In a small saucepan, bring peas, water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper to a simmer over medium heat. Cover, and cook until peas are just tender, about 6 minutes for fresh peas and 2 minutes for frozen. Pour hot pea mixture over radicchio, and toss. Serve immediately.