This recipe courtesy of Suzanne Sasson
- Servings: 4
- 2 large bunches fresh parsley leaves, (about 6 Cups), washed and dried
- 1 large bunch scallions, washed, dried, and trimmed
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Canola oil, for frying
- Pita bread, for serving (optional)
- Beefsteak tomato slices, for serving (optional)
- Spicy pickles, for serving (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
In the bowl of a food processor, combine parsley and scallions; pulse until roughly chopped.
Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley, scallions, matzo meal, salt, allspice, and cinnamon.
Heat 1/4-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully drop 2 tablespoons of parsley mixture into oil, spacing a few inches apart. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; repeat with remaining parsley mixture, adding more oil to pan if necessary. Serve immediately, with pita bread, tomato slices, and spicy pickles, if desired.