Watercress Salad with Manchego and Orange
The peppery taste of the watercress is offset by the sweetness of the oranges and creaminess of the cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2009
- 1 navel orange
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches watercress (about 5 ounces each), thick ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, cut into 8 wedges
Using a sharp knife, cut off top and bottom of orange and slice away peel. Working over a medium bowl, cut out orange segments. Squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from membranes into a large bowl. Whisk in vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress, orange segments, and almonds and toss to combine. Serve with cheese.