Lemon Mint Rice
- Servings: 4
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2000
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in rice, and allow to simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain rice into a strainer, and rinse with cold water until cool.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer rice and chopped onion to a bowl, and toss with mint, lemon zest, parsley, salt, lemon juice, and remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Serve at room temperature.