Curry Rubbed Salmon with Napa Slaw
Broiling makes the salmon golden brown without adding fat. To get the best color and a crisp coat, don't turn the fish over while cooking; it will still cook all the way through without this extra step.Per serving: 597 calories; 45 g protein; 20 g fat; 57 g carb; 6 g fiber
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound Napa cabbage (1/2 head), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 salmon filets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add rice. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, mint, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss.
Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. About 10 minutes before rice is done cooking, place salmon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Rub salmon with curry, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve alongside salad and salmon.