Carrie's Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch coarse salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices Carrie's Cinnamon Swirl Bread Carrie's Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Unsalted butter, for the bowl and griddle
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, and apricots
Preheat a griddle or frying pan. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, the buttermilk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and pepper. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides. Stack slices on a plate.
Butter griddle, and place slices on it in a single layer. Cook until well browned on both sides. Transfer to a serving platter, and serve immediately with maple syrup or fruit.