- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process pecans, flour, cocoa, and salt in a food processor until finely ground, about 30 seconds.
Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Reduce speed to medium low; gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
Lightly flour palms, and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Space 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake until firm and fragrant, about 16 minutes.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2005