Chicken and Vegetable Saute with Lemon-Parmesan Rice
The rice cooks while the chicken, tomatoes, and green beans simmer on the stove.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 skinless bone-in chicken breast half
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 to 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Lemon-Parmesan Rice
In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off any excess. Place in skillet, and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
Turn chicken breast, and add garlic, tomatoes, and 1/3 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Cover, and cook 12 minutes. Add beans and mint; cover, and cook until beans are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, and spoon tomato mixture on top.