This garlicky spread is delicious on crackers.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Radishes (or other vegetables) and rice crackers, for serving
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the edamame and garlic until edamame are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
In a food processor, puree edamame, garlic, lemon zest and juice, oil, and 1/2 cup water until very smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl. If needed, thin by adding water one tablespoon at a time. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day. (If needed, add additional water.) Serve with radishes and crackers.